He was born in Thessalonica in 1963.
- He has achieved his entrance in the Polytechnic College of Larissa in the department of Technologists of Agronomics, where studied for one year. After a second ordeal, he achieved his entrance in the department of Preparers of Microbiologists of Polytechnic Colleges in Athens. He graduated after three years.
- In 1985 has began his study in Evgenia Chatzikou’s faculty of Film Direction. He graduated in 1990.
- In 1990 has achieved his entrance in the Dramatic faculty of G. Theodosiadis.
He has attended seminars on Stanislavsky’s system of hypocritical in Greek-American Union, Seminars of Photography in the same faculty as well as seminars of script and Seminars of Information technology and computing.
He has most excellent knowledge of computing. PROFESSIONAL OCCUPATIONS
- We has worked as Preparer Microbiologist in “Alexandra” Public Hospital.
- He was assistant Director in video films by the director Kostas Karagiannis. (“Leonora”, etc.)
- He worked as assistant Director in “Aronis” advertising company.
- He directed children's programs for the television.
- He was assistant Director in musical-educational documentaries for the public television. (“The women in ancient tragedy”, directed by Christos Akridas, Charis Alexiou, etc.)
- He was the basic collaborator of the director in the movie “CHARIOTEER” by Alexis Damianos.
- He was Production manager in the movie “THE ATTACK” by Panos Koutras.
- He was Production manager (1998) in director Kostas Koutsomitis’s series “THE BIG ANGER”, script by Ntora Giannakopoulos, for Mega Channel
- During the summer of 1991 he worked as an actor in the Municipal Regional Theatre of Chania, in representation of “EROTOKRITOS” direction by Telemachus Modatsakis.
- Period 1992-1993. He worked in the Theatre “STOA” representing “BLOOD WEDDING” (F.G. LORKA), direction by Thanassis Papageorgiou, interpreting the role of the Groom.
- He has taken part as an actor in films directed by Panos Glykofrydis, Stamatis Tsarouchas, Lagia Giourgou, Nickos Koundouros.
- He has also attendances in series for the T.V.
- Speakage and Doublage in several series and films.
* 1996 - 1999 During that period he served as Member, Secretary and Chairman of the Board of “mikro” association, an institution for the promotion of short films.
* He has worked in many short films as a production manager and producer (most of them was Greek Film Centre’s and ET1’s productions). Indicatively:
- “Bridegroom” directed by Ach. Kyriakidis / Greek Film Centre
- “Merry Kitsmash” directed by Ilias Dimitriou / ERT / PORTOLANOS FILMS
- “See no evil” directed by Aris Mpafaloukas / ERT / IMAGINATION
- “Little Indian” directed by Stavros Stagos / Greek Film Centre / ERT
- “What swims and laughs?” directed by Emmanouela Fragiadakis / ERT
- “Last Fakir” directed by Mpampis Makridis / Greek Film Centre
- “Ground floor” directed by Charis Stathopoulos / Greek Film Centre
- “A general’s Widow” directed by Dimitris Kanellopoulos / ERT
- “Farewell to arms” directed by Nancy Spetsiotis / Nancy Spetsiotis
- «Eviva» directed by Dimitris Nakos & Amerissa Basta / start now, Stefilm
- «Prosefhi: Greek School Prayer» directed by Thanasis Neofotistos / NF Films (Golden Dionysus
award at 37th Dramas Shortfilm Festival, 2014)
- «March 4», directed by Dimitris Nakos / Greek Film Centre, Dimitris Nakos
- «Zenaida», feature film directed by Alexis Tsafas & Yannis Fotou / Criola produções / co-production t-shOrt
- «Aenigma», 3D short animation directed by Antonis Ntousias & Aris Fatouros / co-production t-shOrt
- «Alice in the café» directed by Dimitris Nakos / Stefilm, Dimitris Nakos, Amerissa Basta
- «The Ticket» Cinematographic short film directed by Haris Stathopoulos / G.F.C.
- «Exodus», an anthology short documentary, directed by Fani Mpitou, Anna Antonopoulou, Giorgos Detsis, Manolis Kandanoleon, Maria Papageorgiou / Greek Documentary Association, with the support of the Greek Film Center.
- «Cage Survivor», Feature-length documentary, dir. by Irina Boiko
- «Nion’s Shadow Puppeteer», Feature-length documentary, dir. by Irina Boiko
- «Meetings» Cinematographic short film, dir. by Kiriakos Chatzimichailidis / ARTemis Production, with the support of the Greek Film Center.
* He has been involved in tens of Greek short films (either collaborations or providing assistance) DIRECTIONS
- 1990: His graduation short film was titled “BETRAYAL” and its length is 12’. It had attendances in Greek and foreigner Festivals.
- 1995: “ALIMENTARE” co-direction with Pavlos Mavrikidis.
- 1996: His third short film is titled “THE JAWS OF THE DEATH” and was co-production of Greek Film Centre and FASMA LTD. The film participated in the competitive department of Drama’s festival and awarded with 1997 National Quality prize. It also participated in the competitive department of festivals a) “Message to man” in Saint Petersburg b) “Dakino” in Bucharest and g) in the competitive department of Bombay’s festival. That film is the first completed one that was released in CD ROM by the company Hitch-Hyke. Simultaneously this CD ROM is also a CD PLAYER with the film’s music by Antonis Livieratos.
- 1997: December. He participates with the Video “Panagi Tsaldari Street”, in the presentation of “Piraeus Street”. The Video’s music by Antonis Livieratos was released in a CD by the “POP and ROCK” magazine in October 1998.
- 1998 He directed the Video clip for the song “BEAUTIFUL TIME” by Vassilis Bassilopoulos/ FM Records
- He directed the Video clip for the song Video clip: “RED SKY” by Antonis Livieratos /Hitch - Hyke.
- 2000. He directed Ivan Goll’s poems in Video, for the performance “The FAIRY TALE of LOVE” in the “Theatre of Times” (Theatrical direction by Yannis Anastasakis). This video was rewarded in 2000, in the festival of digital documentary that was organized by Media Desk and it was presented in Kalamata’s festival. There was also announced its reward.
- He directed the musical spectacle “THE SUITCASE” by Kostas Zacharakis at the art spaces “Alekton” and “HOUSE OF ART”.
- 2001: He directed his fourth short film titled “MEN DON’T CRY”/ Greek Film Centre, ERT, and t-shOrt production
- 2003: He directed his fifth short film titled “LAST TRY” / ERT and t-shOrt production.
- 2008: He directed the theatrical play “The gentleman’s lady” (written by Nikos Tsiforos-Polybios Basiliadis), which was performed by the “On scene” Theatrical team of the New Psihiko’s Municipality Intellectual Centre
- 2008: He has the artistic direction of the first DVD titled “Golden film case 1”, which is a collection of short films.
- 2009: He directed the theatrical play “Kynaston” (written by Stefanos Kakavoulis) which was staged at the theater Studio Mavromichali.
- 2009: He directed the video for the theatrical play «A child counting the stars» directed by Giannis Voglis at Megaron, the Athens Concert Hall
- 2010: He directed the Video for Maria Alvanou dance theater performances «Street stories», at Altera Pars Theater.
- 2011: He directed the Video for Maria Alvanou dance theater performances «Come back», at Altera Pars Theater.
- 2014: «Icarus. Jump into the future», short animation film, for
Agios Kirikos’s Archaeological Museum. Direction-Editing-Narration.
- 2014-2015: «Breathings», video art with poems of C.P.Cavafis, Constantinos Kariotakis, Nikos Kavvadias & Dimitris Chouliarakis. The first 8 of them were presented at 10-17 May 2014 at the Project room of Thessaloniki Center of Contemporary Art (warehouse b1 - Thessaloniki port) alongside with Natassa Poulantza’s – Giorgos Tserionis’ Exhibition «It is all lies – Museum of self-esteem». Since 2015 the whole project has been presented at several events (at the Katakouzenos House Museum, at the "House of Cyprus", at the Cultural Centre of Chania, at the Fountain of Splanzia, at Farms "Beauties and Difficulties", at Artefacto gallery in Brussels for two weeks, at ÅCO Cultural Institute in Tehran at Fajr Visual Arts Festival - exhibition «The house of Nations» for a month, at Maison de le Grèce in Paris, at the Cavafy’s House in Alexandria, in Cairo, simultaneously in Athens, Thessaloniki and Xanthi in the framework of 12th Micro ì Festival).
- 2015-2016: He directed the theatrical play “Antriana” (written by Thanassis Papageorgiou) which was staged at the theater Alkmini.
- 2016: He directed short videos for the musical play «Letters from Germany» of Mikis Theodorakis on Fontas Ladis poetry.
- 2016: He created the video art "The carcash", after Baudelaire's poem, and participated in the Project Gallery's group exhibition entitled "The Flowers of Evil", curated by Alexandros Maganiotis and Yiannis Bolis
- 2021: He created the video art "Resist" (Mihalis Katsaros), and participated in the exhibition "Ex-Stances: Attempts to Portray Freedom", curated by Megaklis Rogakos, MA MA PhD, at the Corfu Heritage Foundation in Corfu as well as at the Foundation of Tinian Culture in Tinos
- 2021: He curated the visual material for the musical performance "The River", a multi-spectacle for the 200th anniversary of the Greek revolution, poetry by Fontas Ladis and music by Linos Kokotos.
- 2022: He writes and directs the short film «Meetings», produced by t-shOrt
* He and his companhy t-shOrt have distributed more than 250 short films in the cinemas and tv chanels and over 500 online, so far.
* He wrote the document "The fragility of the artist" for the catalogue of the exhibition "Fragility" by George Cherionis, at the Archaeological Museum of Patras (2016)
* He and his company t-shOrt planned and implemented S.E.T. (Short European Trip) - Greek short film screenings abroad. First SET’s event was held in Brussels in February 2016. SET was held again in Brussels in February 2017 for three days.
* Parcours – An evening full of Greek short films screenings in Paris about immigration in February 2017 (24/2/2017) co-organized with Centre Culturel Hellenique.
* He and his company t-shOrt were the only representatives of Greece in European film festival in Tehran (29/10/2017-6/11/2017)
* He created the photo series "The Night and Tomorrow", participating in the International Coronal Calendar (2020)
* He is a film tutor for Olivepress - Art Factory at Dromonero, Chania, Crete
* Since 2017, he is organizing, with his company t-shOrt, the BigBang International Short Film Festival being its artistic director
* He curated the tribute to Antonis Samarakis with screenings of eight (8) short films inspired by the work of the great prose writer, at the cinemas ASTOR & ANDORA (12/2021)
* He undertook the production of the play "Medea" directed by Katia Gerou, which was presented at the Anesis Theater - Small Stage and in selected provincial theaters.
* He has written two theatrical plays: «Starting again from scratch» and in co-writing with Fotis Vlastos the play «Me and My Death», which is an adaption of the titular book written by Alexandros Velios
* He gives seminars of script - direction - teaching of actors and production of cinema.
* Over the last twenty years he has been teaching cinema in several cinema schools and since 2020 he is a professor at one of the biggest Greek cinema schools.
SEMINARS – TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Since 2000, he has been continuously teaching cinematography courses and completing series of seminars on the following topics:
1. Film Direction,
2. Film Script,
3. The Film Production as we should know it
4. Acting in Camera,
5. Video Art based on the video art series "BREATHINGS". The seminar includes acting as well as recitation guidance.
6. Dubbing, Play Back, Performance, Acting, Fun and particularly useful seminar based on the song "To Poulaki Tsiou"
- Film lessons at the "Iasmos" Drama School
- Screenwriting Seminars at Mikro Polytechnio
- Film production seminars at the Micro Polytechnio
- Actor teaching seminars at Mikro Polytechnio
- Film seminar in the framework of the short film festival in Cyprus
- "Acting on camera" seminar at the Theater of Changes
- Seminars at the Kalamata Festival
- Since 2019 he has been teaching in the framework of the studies of S.A.E.
In December 2000 he founded the Non-profit Civic Company t-shOrt. Its main object is the cinematographic short film and additionally all small artistic events. Moreover t-shOrt has successfully distributed tens of short films at cinemas.
You can see more information about the company, details and photo at the site: www.t-short.gr
He prepares his next short film and the screenplay for his first feature film.